The Research Office for Administration, Development and Support (ROADS) is committed to providing value-added service to McMaster’s research community through professional and timely provision of research administrative services. ROADS will help researchers navigate the twists and turns of the increasingly complex world of funding opportunities.
ROADS provides the following services to the McMaster community:
- encourage and assist faculty to apply for external non-industry grants to support their research activities;
- assist with proposal development by reviewing applications and providing advice;
- coordinate strategic and institutional applications and awards that support the University's strategic research plan for faculty and research infrastructure renewal;
- draft institutional elements for major infrastructure project submissions;
- provide support and secretariat services for internal competitions, and for the non-medical Research Ethics Board and departmental Student Research Ethics Committees;
- develop, negotiate and endorse funding agreements on behalf of the University;
- operationalize awarded projects;
- act as primary institutional contact for external granting agencies; and
- manage data on external research activity
ROADS is made up of two units which together provide diverse yet complementary support to promote and operationalize the funding of research excellence.
The Development Unit supports researchers through the identification of funding opportunities, provision of information sessions, and review and editing of grant submissions.
Administration and Support Unit:
The Administration and Support Unit provides assistance with selected budget development, assists in managing McMaster's allocation for identified programs, and ensures that researchers and the University are protected through funding agreements and compliance with agency and institutional policy.